There are several unique and weird holidays that take place all over the world. This TMI Tuesday is about the month of April’s special observances. What’s Up April? …
1. April 1 is April Fool’s Day (All Fools Day), a Western tradition of pulling pranks and hoaxes.
– Did you play any April Fool’s jokes on someone?
– Were you the victim of an April’s Fool prank this year?
– What is the best April Fool’s hoax you’ve ever pulled?
This year I did nothing. My senior year in high school my step mom and I kind of went to war. She made me a sandwich and didn’t take the cheese out of the wrapper. She put Limburger cheese all over the doorknobs I use, coated my toilet seat in hair gel, and to top it all off, took every dish in the house, put it in the sink, covered them in honey and syrup and made me wash them.
That year all I did was lock the driveway gate behind my dad and I on our way to his work. She had a hard time remembering the combo and I got hell for it.
Other than that, I have always been terrible at jokes. I can never think of anything creative enough.
2. What is your favorite unusual or non-traditional holiday to observe?
My birthday, of course! Err, should I say Jack’s birthday? They are one in the same.
3. Do you observe any unique local or family tradition holidays? Briefly tell us about this holiday.
I don’t. I celebrate Christmas and Thanksgiving, that is about it.
4. April is National Poetry Month. Share your favorite poem with TMI Tuesday or write a poem and share.
Ugh, I have a ton of poetry that I wrote somewhere.
5. This month is also Stress Awareness Month. What stresses you on a daily basis?
Work, lack of sex.
6. April is National Humor Month. Name 3 stand-up comics or comedic actors who make you laugh?
Ron White, Larry the Cable Guy, and Jeff Foxworthy.
7. April 22 is National Jelly Bean Day in the United States, however, it can and should be celebrated all over the world. How will you celebrate Jelly Bean Day?
Not really a big fan of jelly beans to be honest. I will probably be skipping this holiday.
Bonus: The flower for the month of April is the Daisy. How or what do you feel about daisies?
They are great for finding out for who loves me and who loves me not.